In a blow to California progressives, newly-installed Gov. Gavin Newsom has announced today that he is ditching plans for high-speed rail connecting San Francisco and LA. High-speed rail had long been a major transportation objective of California progressives, and a project championed by environmentalists. In addition, it was a project that many flying-averse travelers had hoped would come online in the next few years. Newly-sworn in US Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez’s “Green New Deal” calls for the eventual elimination of airplanes and a shift to green-powered trains as a method of trans-continental and long-distance travel. Newsom abandoning high speed rail between California’s two major population centers threatens to make that objective significantly harder to achieve, long term.
- Yashar Ali uncovers major dirt on Garcetti ally Rick Jacobs
- Sac Bee: Let us be your new, local Drudge Report
- Yes on 22 campaign targets people in… Boston
- Arizona Undecideds: Kamala Held Her Own Against Pence
- Whoa: Newsom scores HIGH in libertarian think-tank’s fiscal scorecard
- Uh-oh: Is Monique Limon pushing a half-assed, donor-benefiting “predatory lending” bill?
- Jessica Biel copycats Michele Bachmann, goes full anti-vaxxer
- Right-leaning DC reporter worries Kamala is hurting herself with progressives in real America by being progressive